How strong is K-Guard?
Computer-based engineering studies have been conducted to determine the overall strength of the K-Guard system. Here are the impressive results:
1) The system can support vertical loads on the front of the gutter of 35 lbs per foot of gutter. That equals 70 lbs per installed hanger.
2) The hood can support 60 lbs per square foot of pressure, both in load and uplift, before any flexing of the hood will occur.
What if my house doesn't have fascia board?
Few people enjoy getting soaked when entering or leaving their home. A simple fascia build-out could be performed on your home to enable a K-Guard system to be installed. For further information, consult your local dealer.
Is K-Guard wind and hail Resistant?
Our hood-forming machines use patented technology to add lines of texture to the hood. Combined with the support of our patented gutter hangers, these texture lines strengthen and stabilize the hood, while also helping to mask any markings left by hail. However, like any other metal surface, severe hail will dent the hood. Even so, because our hoods are detachable from the rest of the system, replacing a damaged hood with a new one is easily done.
How does K-Guard perform under snowy and icy conditions?
Very well, K-Guard will withstand virtually any snow, ice or wind condition, making it a superior gutter product for homeowners in cold-weather climates.
Most people may not realize that with conventional, open-top gutters systems, ice will form on the inside, where you cannot see it. The resulting freezing and thawing literally pries your gutters off your home. With K-Guard, ice forms on the outside of the gutter, rather than inside. Plus K-Guard is stronger than both traditional rain gutters and covered gutter systems, so you can be sure that no amount of snow or ice will pull our product off of your home. In addition, our system's rear drainage channel helps prevent wind-blown water from backing up under your roof's edge and freezing, so the potential of ice damming is far lower than with other systems.
How long does K-Guard last?
There is really no limit to the lifespan of this system. The coatings on the gutter and hood will easily last 20 years, the base materials will not corrode, and the internal hangers (which are protected from the elements by the gutter and hood) will last almost indefinitely. Any homeowner can count on our guarantee that this product will last.
Can I add a K-Guard hood to my existing gutters?
No. The K-Guard Leaf-Free Gutter System was designed and engineered as a single, complete seamless gutter system. The custom-formed components are optimized to perform with each other, but not with other open-top gutter components.
Why does K-Guard have a removable hood?
K-Guard's two-piece (gutter and hood) system provides a series of benefits:
1) Our product is far easier to install than any one-piece system. The open gutter is hung first; then the hood is attached.
2) If the hood's ever damaged by hail, ladders or branches, it's easily removed and replaced without dismantling the seamless gutter system and downspouts.
3) If insects or small animals manage to get inside the gutter and nest, the hood can be removed, making the gutter easy to clean.
4) In cold weather areas, the hood can be removed to facilitate a retrofit installation of heating cable to prevent icicle formation.
5) If a homeowner is curious to see if the gutters really work the way we say they do, they can remove a section of hood and peek inside.
6) Both hood and trough are secured by the gutter hanger.
Will having K-Guard installed affect my roof?
K Guard leaf free gutters attaches to existing or installed fascia board below your existing roof. A K-Guard installation has no effect on your roof, except to provide superior protection against ice damming and blowback.
Why should I choose K-Guard over an add-on system?
Most conventional gutters are hung too close to the roof line to allow room for any sort of cover to fit correctly. Due to this height problem, some add-on gutter covers are often attached into or over existing shingles, potentially voiding your roof warranty. Plus, if you're going to need to remove or replace your gutters to allow an add-on product to fit correctly, why not just invest in a new and complete covered gutter system?
Because K-Guard was designed and built as a complete and fully engineered seamless leaf free gutter system, you can be guaranteed that all of its components integrate correctly to provide exceptional performance. We guarantee you will be happier having our product on your home.
Why should I choose K-Guard over other systems?
K Guard was fully engineered as an integrated ,seamless leaf free gutter system from the ground up. No other system can offer the complete range of benefits that K Guard provides:
1) A full, 5-inch wide gutter (same capacity as standard, k-style gutters).
2) A 3-1/4-inch wide gutter bottom to accommodate 3x4-inch downspout.
3) Our patented gutter hangers fully support our gutter from front to back.
4) Angled hanger design for added leverage and strength.
5) Front and rear drainage passages for improved water collecting.
6) A smooth, attractive design.
7) A convenient, removable hood.
How will K-Guard look on my home?
Great. With its smooth, curved appearance, K Guard has been described as the best looking product on the market, and is certainly more attractive than standard residential (k-style) gutters. K-Guard also tends to blend in with your home's existing architecture and roof style more effectively than the sharp corners and vertical faces of other covered systems.