How Can You Determine If Your Gutters Are Damaged?
If You Need New Gutters, Give Us a Call Today 216.777.1100
Checking for Gutter Damage After a Storm
Did you just have a huge hail storm blow through your town? What about a wind storm that had gusts so strong trees were knocked down? These storms could mean big problems for your gutters. Hail and wind can loosen and/or bend gutters and downspouts. They can also fill your gutters with debris. So how do you check for damage? We have compiled a checklist for you:
- Ensure your gutter is free of debris.
- Check to make sure there is no standing water in any section of your gutter.
- If there is standing water, you may have an issue with the gutter’s angle that may have been pushed off balance by the storm.
- Inspect that the gutters do not have any holes, cracks, or leaks. You can do this by running water from a hose into the gutter and making sure there is no access or dripping water. This is especially important in the caulking of your gutter seams.
- Make sure that downspouts are not clogged.
- Gently wiggle all sections of the gutters to ensure they are secured properly. This will ensure that all connections are in place.
- Ensure that the downspouts are also secure.
- Visually ensure that no gutters are sagging.
- Check for pooling water around your home’s foundation.
- Check to ensure there is no damage to the exterior walls, paint, and/or siding.
- Check to make sure that there are no water stains on your walls or ceilings inside your home.
Checking for gutter damage after a storm is very important, this way you can avoid any possible leaks!
The Information Above Was Found On gutterprofessionalsinc.com
100% Made in the USA!
KGuard, the number one trusted brand of leaf free gutters are made 100% right here, in the Good Old USA!
Everyone SAVE 15% NOW, plus, Military Families take and Additional 15% OFF!
Now until Memorial Day - We would like to thank all of the veterans for their time and dedication by giving all military families an additional 15% off any advertised promotion.